We offer The Driver’s Manual Course in Fredericksburg and educate several hundred students per year.
Driver’s license applicants who fail the knowledge or behind-the-wheel examination three times after June 30, 2008 are required to successfully complete the applicable knowledge or in-vehicle component of a drivers education course. As of July 1st, 2016 anyone under the age of 19 may take this class as well but must meet all requirements please read the following:
The Driver’s Manual Course is for you if:
- You are age 18 or older and have failed the computer-based 2-part Signs and General Knowledge Test at DMV three times.
- We also offer a seven-day Re-Examination course to those 18 and older who failed the DMV road test three times.
- If you are 17 and under you may take this class to satisfy the requirment for failing your Signs and General Knowledge test 3 times at DMV ONLY if you have already successfully completed the Drivers Education Classroom (36 period Course) Proof is required and can only be accepted as the original certificate of completion. (Photo Copies are NOT acceptable)
For those who failed the computer based knowledge examination, The Driver’s Manual Course is $300.
For those who failed the Behind-the-Wheel road examination, the Re-Examination program of Behind the Wheel class is $475.
If you failed the road test 3 times please call the office to schedule a Re-Examination Behind the Wheel Class (This course does NOT include your road test. If you failed 3 times at DMV once you complete this course you MUST go back to DMV to re-test.
If you failed the computer based knowledge examination and need to attend the 8 hour class… Just follow these easy steps:
- Review our schedule at: Click Here Schedule
- Register online here Click Here Register or by calling (540) 288-1117 or (540) 548-8845.
- Fill out and return the Forms available at: Drivers Manual Course Contract and Class Rules
- Come prepared with the following on the first day of class:
- Payment in form of cash or money order or receipt from credit card payment
- A valid form of ID (Social Security card and birth certificate, DMV walkers ID, Military ID, passport, Resident Alien Card, or Learner’s Permit)
- Adult Re-Examination FORMS for 18 and older completely filled out. OR UNDER 18 MUST HAVE ORIGINAL DRIVERS EDUCATION CERTIFICATE.
- Contract and Classroom Rules filled out and signed by you.
We look forward to seeing you in our Driver’s Manual Course!